Parent will provide an email with their official withdrawal date and the name of their new school, county, or state where your child will be attending school.
Once withdrawal request is received, please allow the registrar 24 to 48 hours to process your request.
This will give the registrar time to gather all requested documents (ESOL, Gifted, MAP Scores, SPED records, etc.) for your new school. To make sure there are no overdue media center books, fines, or cafeteria balances.
If you are returning a Chromebook or any school materials to the school. Please do so before withdrawal date. Office hours are from 830 AM to 1130 AM (Monday-Friday).
Once these tasks are completed!! The registrar will provide you with withdrawal documents.
Student will be release off the teacher roster and should have no access to online classes, school property, or bus.
Parent can pick up student, paperwork, and any other items from the front office by 1:30 PM on the requested withdrawal date.
PRIVATE SCHOOL APPLICATIONS PROCESS
Please abide by the following guidelines for transcript and recommendation requests:
- Requests should be made at least 5 to 10 business days in advance of the due date. We cannot guarantee on-time arrival of documents unless this amount of time is given. All deadlines should be highlighted.
- Please submit all multiple requests at the same time.
- Please provide documents pre-filled with student/parent information and signatures according to application directions. We cannot complete documentation unless all required information by the applicant is filled out.
- Please provide the appropriate number of addressed and stamped envelopes to accommodate all necessary papers. Transcripts require a 9 x 12 envelope with approximately $2.00 in postage. Envelope should be addressed to the private school and show DES as the return address.
- Label each teacher evaluation with the teacher's names and provide a stamped, addressed envelope so that the teachers may send it at their convenience. These papers will be placed directly in each teacher's mailbox.
- All recommendations by school staff are confidential. We will not return copies of these documents to the student or parent. All confidential documentation will be sent to the school according to application directions. Teacher recommendation can be done online if applicable.
- If the school requires an online application for records, Registrar does not have access to online request.
- If the private school accepts an electronic copy via email. Please provide a valid email address.
- If the recommendation asks for information about extra-curricular, please provide a list of those with the document request.
We appreciate your understanding of the above guidelines. We process several applications each winter which requires that we have a process in place to honor requests in a timely manner.